Updated: March 17th 2021
Big Butte Challenge
- Participants can complete the 5 Challenges in any order, uploading as many efforts as they like, within the 10-week timeframe: March 20 @12:01am PDT through May 31 @ 11:59pm PDT
- Any GPS device that can sync to Strava or export GPX files can be used to submit your times.
- Times must be submitted no more than 24 hours after that attempt has been started.
- For the cumulative Challenge award, times for all 5 Challenges will be added to determine a cumulative time. Participants who have the lowest cumulative times will be eligible for prizes.
- Participants who are unable to make one or more of the Challenges will receive a time equal to the slowest participant in their category PLUS one minute.
- To be eligible for the Cumulative Challenge prize, you must complete a minimum of two Challenges.
- Everyone who participates in at least one Stage will receive a custom “I LIKE BIG BUTTES” neck gaiter and a complimentary beer from the sponsor brewer(ies).
- Participants must follow the Challenge routes published in the directions identified (download the GPX to run it for turn-by-turn directions if your computer supports navigation directions)
- Participants must keep 6 feet distance from other hikers and runners as best they can. Passing and yielding is the only exception (aka NO DRAFTING).
- Participants must follow all trail rules and etiquette
- These are public trails
- UPHILL TRAVEL HAS THE RIGHT OF WAY
- Pack it in pack it out (aka Leave no Trace)
- Be Safe, Honest, Accountable, Responsible, and Kind
It’s not all about being speedy! We will also be giving prizes spontaneously throughout the 10-week timeframe for the best summit selfies and epic moments. Post photos using #bigbuttechallenge and tag @cascaderelays and our brewery partners.
Need technical help?
Message us using the help bubble in the lower right corner.